Monday, April 4, 2011

To add insult to injury. . .

To complete my "Can I really do this?" week last week, my little man came down with a stomach virus Thursday night. Andy and I were up all night tending to a child who was vomiting and having diarrhea simultaneously. Lots of laundry, lots of bleach, lots of Lysol and lots of bad smells and the night was gone leaving me with just a few hours of sleep. Do you remember what I had to do Friday morning??? Take an exam in the class that I DO NOT LIKE! So bleary eyed and exhausted I went to school to take the exam. I was soooo tired! The poor guy was so sick that he wound up in the ER on Sunday hooked up to IV fluids. :( So far today he seems to be on the upswing, he is taking Zofran to stop the vomiting but we are still contending with terrible leaky diarrhea. None the less, he is up and around today and seems to be feeling much better. :)

I have my grades back for both exams. 220 (the class that I like with the British instructor) I got a 93.5. Finally an A!!!!! Yippeee! The other class, 222, the one that is not any fun at all, I got an 82. I am not yet sure whether that is the final grade or not. She curves her exams so I have to find out if that is before or after the curve. Good news was that the 78 I had on the first exam wound up getting bumped up to an 82 :) Who would have thought I would be happy about an 82! I have come to peace with the fact that I will probably have a B as a final grade in that class. I can deal with a B. In 220 I am teetering on an A-, leaning toward an A. I will be happy with the A-, but the A would be really nice. We shall see.

So I am praying for an "I can do this!" week this week. If I fall victim to the stomach virus then I am not sure if I will be thinking "I can do this!" but for now I am trying to keep my chin up!

Now I am off to register for my fall classes, including my first clinical! My registration time is 1:15 and it is 1:10 now! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment