Friday, November 30, 2012

Last Day of Med/Surg I Clinical. . .Bittersweet!

So today was the last day of med/surg 
clinical.  Part of me wanted to. . . 

And the other part of me wanted to  . . .


I did neither.  I just left like it was any other day.  The nurses there were awesome, they all taught me something; whether it was something I want to do or something I never want to do.  The patients all taught me things, lots of things, but mostly about the nurse that I want to be.  I want to make people feel better, sit and talk with them if they need me to and just be a good nurse.  I want to make a difference.  Ever since I was a little girl I've always wanted to make a difference and now I have finally found a way to do it!  I have found my happy.  I have found the thing I can do to make a difference and the thing that completes my happiness all in the same place.  How many people get to say that?

Now it's onto the Pediatrics ATI on Tuesday, crazy scary stuff!  The ATI is that little pass/fail standardized test that can dictate passing or failing of the whole course!  GAH!  To complicate matters Monday I have my last Med/Surg exam (postponed r/t Hurricane Sandy).  So this weekend will be full of studying...what else is new??  The end is so close I can taste it.  It is within my grasp and I cannot wait until I can bask in the glow of victory over Pediatric Nursing.  How fantastic that will be. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment