Wednesday, November 27, 2013

4 days until HESI. Wait. What??




HESI is my exit exam from nursing school.  It is completely insane that it is four days away.  I remember hearing chatter about the graduating seniors taking HESI on a given day and I felt so nervous for them -- knowing it was a make or break event.   Now, here I am . . .  waiting in the wings for my turn to take the dreaded HESI.  This is crazy.  This nursing school journey is really ending.






Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I am so overwhelmed by everything I have to be thankful for.  My amazing family and friends, my wonderful marriage, my beautiful children, my many talents and gifts that allow me to share beautiful things like art and music with others, and this journey through nursing school.  I almost feel guilty that I have so much, knowing that there are people out there with so little, but, I know that being a nurse will on strengthen my ability to share with others and make a difference in their lives.  I am so thankful for everything that nursing school has taught me, and for the person that I have become because of this experience.  I have promised myself that tomorrow will be filled with family time, reflection on all that I have to be thankful for, and perhaps some expensive wine.  :)


Monday morning at 9 am I will walk in to a computer lab to take the HESI.  I ask for your prayers and positive vibes as I prepare to take this 180 question exam that will likely take me about 3 hours.  I pray for the ability to focus and recall what I have learned, for strength, peace, perserverance, and courage.  I also pray for the ability to be calm so that I can be focused and successful.   By 2pm Monday it will all be over and hopefully I will be reporting that I passed with flying colors, although I take nothing for granted.

Happy Thanksgiving, may your bellies be full and your blessing be plenty.  God bless.
Gobble Gobble.
 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Michele, not sure if you still monitor this blog, but I am so interested in how you studied for the hesi exit exam. If you see this, let me know. Thanks!

    Best,
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michele, not sure if you still monitor this blog, but I am so interested in how you studied for the hesi exit exam. If you see this, let me know. Thanks!

    Best,
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan,
    I found that tons of practice questions were very beneficial. I found a website called NCLEX 3500 which is no longer available but it had a bank of 3500 questions. I did about 75 questions/day. By the time you reach the point of HESI you know what you know - you cannot memorize anything else - it is just organizing what you know. If your foundation is strong you should be able to use it to extrapolate out the right answers.
    Additionally, I found HESI to be more challenging than NCLEX - so if you do well on HESI you have got it made. Good luck! Let me know if I can help in anyway! You're almost there - finish strong!
    Best,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete