Thursday, December 6, 2012

I can see it!


Right now I am so very thankful for surviving this semester.  It's been grueling.  I almost quit.  How disappointed I would have been in myself had I thrown in the towel.  I'm still here.  I'm so glad I stuck with it, but I vividly remember how hard it was and I can't help but stand back now and admire myself for hanging in there.  I am proud of me!

I passed by Pedi ATI on Tuesday in the 95th percentile!!!  Woot Woot!  We needed 50th percentile to pass.  That test stresses me out more than words can describe.  I woke up at 5:30 that morning (exam was at 8 am) in a cold sweat with my heart racing and my fingertips tingling.  I was pretty sure I was dying.  Turns out it was just a regular ol' anxiety attack.  I spent the next 2.5 hours feeling like I was going to vomit.  Finally they let us in the computer lab (the test is all on the computer) where we sat for THIRTY MINUTES waiting with no one telling us what was going on!  I was so annoyed!  I just wanted to get it over with.  Finally at 8:35 we started!  GAH!  The exam was HARD, I felt like I was failing all the way through.  The questions were all over the place.  When that final screen popped up with my results it was like an early Christmas gift!  Whoppeee!

So now onto Final Exams.  Two - one Wed. and one Thurs. next week.  Then I am on a well deserved break!!!!!

I just have to take a second to report on my school rotation for Pediatrics, because I realized I never did!  Part of our pediatrics rotation is to spend some time with a School Nurse in a school.  I got to go twice and I really enjoyed it!  The school nurse teacher I worked with was awesome (yes, school nurses are required to have both a nursing license and a teacher certification in the state of RI).  She taught me so much!  I really liked being there and seeing the kids.  I even got to take care of a pregnant teacher who wasn't feeling well!   I could see myself doing that in 10-15 years when I am burnt out from working in a hospital.  I loved the kids and it was a very enjoyable experience.  So that is a little insert of missed information from a few weeks ago!

For now I am just anxious for the semester to be over so I can fully submerge myself in the Christmas season because right now I feel like school is just a distraction from the most magical time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment