Thursday, March 31, 2011

Can I really do this?

Today as I looked at Mount Laundry which is waiting to be folded, and my house that is visibly filthy I really began to wonder if I can do this. My daughter started it on Wednesday when she asked me "Mom, when you will you be able to be my Mom again?" I have been so busy studying that I don't even have time to be a Mom to my kids. I keep trying to tell myself that it is worth it, but is it really? Their childhoods will be gone before I know it and I will have spent these days, weeks and months studying. I just can't determine if it's really worth it. I am having a weak moment, a moment of doubt in myself. Can I do this for two more years?

I have to say that being a Mom is a challenge in itself. Being a Mom and being a student is a life journey equivalent to 'The Death Race' -- if you don't know what that is go to www.youmaydie.com and see what I am talking about. I may not be an athlete of that caliber but this journey is going to leave me with the same sense of accomplishment that those insane athletes feel when they finish 'The Death Race'. . . if I make it to the finish line. . .

I just keep repeating those age old words. . . "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment