Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Days

Classes were canceled for me (and my kids) yesterday due to the icky rain, sleet, snow, ice that Mother Nature bestowed upon us. I have been trying, in all my infinite wisdom, to somehow correlate all this snow and winter weather with life -- trying to find some way to philosophically tie it all together and say something profound. No luck. I just keep thinking that life has slippery spots, just like snow and ice storms do. I guess we just always have to be looking for the slippery spots.

Now I have a lot of catching up to do. I have to read 28 more pages for my class on Friday and then I have to catch up with the lecture that we missed on Wednesday. Seems the professor is just going to skip that lecture? She sent an email telling us what we should know and to keep going to be ready for Monday. According to the meteorologists we are caught in a weather pattern that should give us a storm each week through the month of February. That should make for an interesting semester filled with a lot of self taught material!

Off to snuggle up under a blanket and read. At least I can be warm! Keep watching for those slippery spots and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment