Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 3 Begins

Looks like the weather may actually allow me to attend all of my classes this week! I was talking to a fellow nursing student who has missed the first two weeks of her clinical (these are 8 hour classes) -- the first time due to a water main break on campus and the second time due to weather. That's 16 hours of class that she has missed and no one seems to be really sure how they are going to make it up. I'm just thankful that I am not in that class!

And so begins week 3 of Nursing school. My challenge this week is that Andy is on a mission trip in La Romana, Dominican Republic. This just means I have to be a little better at budgeting my time because I don't have him here to help with the kiddos at night. So far, things have been going well. I'm starting to panic a bit because my first exam is February 21 which is 2 weeks away. Only my fellow nerds will understand why that is stressful! I am still trying to figure out how to go about putting all the information that I read and the lecture material together. It dawned on me today that I am out another weekend (at least Saturday) this coming weekend because Andy will not be back until very late Saturday night and I have a feeling Sunday he will be exhausted. Usually I tackle study guide making on the weekend and I don't have that luxury this weekend! I have to get my study guide current by this Friday and that has me stressed! I just a need more hours in the day -- or a full time nanny/housekeeper.

So far I am really enjoying both of the classes I am taking. The information is very interesting and I am really taking a lot way from the lectures. Professor Foote was particularly entertaining today and had me laughing out loud at several points during the lecture. Now remember, whenever I mention Professor Foote it is mandatory that you read what comes next in your best British accent. :)

So far I am facing the challenge of being a single mom this week. I am also counting the days until I have a husband again!

No comments:

Post a Comment