Sunday, January 23, 2011

Twas the night before the start of Spring Semester. . .

So here it is, classes start tomorrow morning. Childcare is in place, my school bag is packed and I am trying to enjoy my last night of freedom for the next 14 weeks. I'm excited, but mostly I am dreading going back to the daily grind of reading and studying and being consumed by school. I am in the big leagues now --- Nursing School --- where I've been told everything is different from the rest of the collegiate world. I can't wait to learn lots of new things and I am hoping that my professors are kind. This morning at church my pastor, who is a registered nurse herself, pulled me aside and said "I just hope you have nice teachers." According to her, there are some miserable people teaching nursing classes. I have dealt with all sorts of people in my life so I am sure I can deal with whatever miserable souls come my way. I just keep trying to remind myself that God is bringing each of them into my life for a reason and I shall find the lesson that He intends me to learn in my encounters with all of them.

This is where the real fun begins. I am getting down to the proverbial "nitty gritty". I suppose my next report will be about my professors and my first impressions of them. I'm sure you are all waiting with baited breath. . . :oD

No comments:

Post a Comment