Tuesday, November 6, 2012

How it's Supposed to be.

How many times have you heard someone say "But this isn't how it's supposed to be!"  Maybe our problem lies in not recognizing that things aren't always the way we want them to be but they are always the way they are supposed to be.  God knows where He is wants us to end up.  He knows how our lives are supposed to be.  What we want and what we get are not always the same thing, but in the end we always manage to walk away having learned something or gained something.  I'm not denying that we lose stuff (and people) along the way and that part is hard, but, if we recognize that things are the way they are supposed to be, then maybe we can at least have some peace when things don't go exactly the way we plan.



I feel like this applies to nursing school.  I am not supposed to be stressed.  I am not supposed to feel overwhelmed.  I am not supposed to have two papers due in the next two weeks.  If it was all easy and I didn't have to work hard then would I really appreciate this journey?  Probably not.  When I graduate in a year and look back at this blog, and at this experience I can only imagine the sense of pride and accomplishment I will have.  Recognizing what a struggle this has been will make me realize my strength and my ability to endure, even when things get really tough.  I can't help but be thankful for that!

This week I am finally back on track with classes.  We lost a lot of lecture time last week due to the storm, but time marches on.  One exam was postponed from 11/5 to the following week which was fantastic because I had two exams scheduled back to back on 11/5.  This broke it up - one on 11/5 and one next week! That was one of the best things that could've happened!  It definitely lighten my stress load for the moment!

I can't believe Thanksgiving is in a few weeks!  This time of year always helps to remind me of all the blessings in my life and how much I have to be thankful for.  I am especially thankful for this opportunity to be in nursing school, learning to do things that I love!  I am thankful for every single patient I have had the privelege of taking care of -- every single one of them has taught me something.  I am thankful for all of the amazing nurses that have taken me under their wing and have taught me valuable skills that I will carry with me forever.  I feel overwhelmed a lot by school stuff, but I am even more overwhelmed (in a positive way) by all the things I have to be thankful for!  Best of all by the time Thanksgiving is here the semester will be just about over and I am so thankful for that!  And remember. . .



  

No comments:

Post a Comment