Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

Thanks to Hurricane Sandy I have scored two days off of school.  It's sad that instead of looking at these two days as an opportunity to rest a bit, I have to look at them as extra time to attempt to catch up.  I say attempt because despite the fact that I spent all day yesterday and thus far today reading and studying I still feel like I am floundering just like this fish!  Trapped in my office (like this island), baking in the sun.
I have two exams back to back on the same day next Monday and I have lost the last lectures that go with them!  GAH!  I am stuck teaching myself pediatric renal and endocrine dysfunction.  Not cool.  In addition, I have a med/surg exam as well and am stuck teaching myself about hypertension.  Even more not cool.  Despite these two extra days I still feel like I am struggling to get everything done!

This by far has been my most challenging semester in nursing school and one of the biggest challenges of my life.  I continue to pray that I triumph and 44 days from now I can put it all behind me and enjoy the feeling of having accomplished something really great.  I hope!  I pray!

I want to be laying on that island in a lounge chair drinking a margarita, not flopping around like a fish out of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment