Saturday, October 19, 2013

Three Sentences

As the second semester of my senior year comes to a close, the information regarding graduation/pinning ceremony has begun to come pouring.  Get
your picture taken for the nursing school Fall Class of 2013 composite, purchase your pin for graduation, make sure your transcript is complete, and write a 3 sentence statment to be read as you receive your diploma.  THREE sentences???  They want me to sum up this life changing experience in THREE sentences??  Is that even possible?  The amazing support from my husband, the amazing support from my kids, the amazing support from the rest of my family, the amazing support of my friends, the amazing support from GOD, the life altering experiences, the new friends that I have made, the people that have changed my life, the people whose life I have changed, the loss of my dad who was so excited to see me graduate.  How am I supposed to sum that up in THREE sentences.  I think about it constantly.  How am I going to do that?  I'm the one who writes 4 pages when the rubric for the paper says 2-3.  I am the one who wants everyone to know how special they are and how much their love, support and understanding mean to me.  There is no way that's all going to fit into 3 sentences, unless they are REALLY LONG sentences.  This experience has been so out-of-this-world, it has changed so many things about me, I have grown so much in the past 3 years - that's one sentence per year.   There is no way I am going to be able to do this. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment