Saturday, October 5, 2013

Angels and Happiness

Ever since I began my rotation in the ER, I have had at least one patient where I see some trait of my dad.  Maybe this is his way of shining on me from above. . .  It wasn't until this week that I really realized it.  A look, a comment, a physical feature -- little things that instantly make me think of him.  Every week.  It's like he's my guardian angel and he wants to be sure that I know he is there watching over me.  I kinda like it.  Except now I am afraid I will be looking for these little signs and it just won't be so fun anymore...


Anyway, I am absolutely in love with the ER.  Absolutely.  Positively.  In. Love.  Not that I haven't loved every rotation that I have experienced (except Psych) but this one is at the top of the list.  The only other clinical that I remember loving this much was Maternity, which is why I really wanted to go to nursing school to begin with - to be a Labor and Delivery Nurse.  I am equally as happy in the ER.  Maybe it is the transient patient population -- no one sticks around for too long -- they are either admitted or discharged.  (In labor and delivery the patients gave birth, recovered and went home.)  People keep calling me an adrenaline junkie.  I'm not sure if that's it or not, but whatever the reason, I could see myself living happily ever after in the ER!





No comments:

Post a Comment