Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Fall Semester has begun!

Things are back in full swing -- I started school Monday and the kiddos went back today!  Let the Fall Semester begin.  I am still in awe of the fact that I am a second semester JUNIOR!  The semester looks daunting, but I am doing my best to take one day at a time and keep the BIG picture in the back of mind instead of making it the focus.

The first few days of the semester are always intimidating.  The professors throw EVERYTHING at us at once and I do my usual freak out until I convince myself that "Rome wasn't built in a day" and that it is all about taking one day at a time.  "What do I have to do today in order to be prepared for tomorrow!"  That is the only way I can get by!

So far, I love my professors.  I have Geraldine DeNuccio for Med/Surg lecture and Bethany Coia for Pedi lecture.  I have heard great things about both of them and am looking forward to all the knowledge that they have to share with me!  I also have Coia for Pedi clinical (which is split between Hasbro Children's Hospital, a pediatric clinic, and an elementary school).  Finally, I have D'Orazio for Med/Surg clinical and we will be at The Miriam Hospital for that entire rotation.  I have not met Prof. D'Orazio yet as my clinical with her is not until Friday and today is just Wednesday.  Overall I am excited for a lot of learning this semester but also feeling a bit intimidated by the amount of work that is to be done!  In the end, I have decided to prepare for the worst but hope for the best!

It is now time for me to get back into the swing of reading, studying and most importantly BLOGGING! ;)  I have Wednesdays and Thursdays off this semester but with the amount of reading that we are expected to do I think I will be spending most of those days with my nose to the grind stone.  As my nursing school journey continues, I cannot help but feel so blessed to have this opportunity.  God continues to walk beside me, giving me the courage and ability to keep on keeping on.  These chapters of my story may be difficult, but they are all part of His plan and I am comforted in knowing that He will be there with me every step of the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment