Monday, January 3, 2011

WAIT - (v.) to stay in place in expectation of

OK, so I have decided I am no good at waiting. Wait, I think I am just no good at waiting when I don't know how long I have to wait. Waiting for Christmas, or the birth of a baby, or any of those exciting things is different -- you know how long you have to wait. For Christmas we have Advent calendars; you open a little window every day and you can see how long you have to wait. When I was pregnant, I knew I had to wait nine months to meet my little one. Right now I have NO IDEA how long I have to wait for this letter. It could come tomorrow, it could come 10 days from now. I don't want to wait anymore! I don't like not being in control of my life! I want to know where I will be on the 24th of this month. I am praying for patience, it's all I can really do at this point, right? Well I guess I can ask all of you to pray for my patience as well. . . but beyond that I just need to sit back and WAIT! I need to keep busy, or at least keep my mind busy. I will enjoy the anticipation, or at least tell myself that I should be enjoying the anticipation. Human nature makes us impatient -- we want to know or have everything NOW! If the anticipation really is better than the participation (at least in some cases) then I should slow down, smell the roses and enjoy the ride, right? So that is what I shall do -- or at least I will try really hard. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment